For this project you will need:
Fire polished round bead 8 mm (9 pcs, Color Red) - click here
Fire polished round bead 8 mm (4 pcs, Color Crystal) - click here
2-hole SuperDuo™ Seed Beads (19 pcs, Color Crystal) - click here4.
2-hole Cabochon Bead (1 pc, Color Crystal)
9/0 Glass Seed Beads (about 100 pcs, Color Red) - click here
6. Eyepin (1 pc)
8. Beading thread 0.2 m
To construct the Yule Pendant, we need 3 bead clusters.
Each cluster is made of 3 large fire polished beads (called B1),
4 SuperDuo Rocailles (called SD), and 8 Rocailles seedbeads (called S).
Make sure to use a thin and flexible beading needle, and a thin nylon thread,
I can recommend a fishingline with 0.2 mm diameter.
Follow the green triangle for the direction of threading of the beads.
1. Start with threading
2. Thread the needle through the first B1, and through all of the
beads, pull the thread to create a triangle. Make a knot to fasten the thread.
3. Pull the thread through the nearest B1.
4. Thread 6xS,insert the needle inn and through the S-SD-S.
5. Repeat the instructions until you have three sides of 6xS
around the 3xB1.
6. Repeat a step 5.
7. For the last row of 6xS, insert the needle in the upper SD hole.
8. Thread the needle through 3xS.
9. Add 1xSD.
10. Insert the needlet hrough the next 3xS-SD-S.
11. Repeat step 8-10.
12. To add the last SD, repeat steps 8-10.
13. Insert the needle through the 3xS-SD (the upper hole).
14. Now insert a S, go thorugh the next SD (the upper hole), insert another S. Repeat this until you have insterted 3 S, between the 3 DS. Pull the thread tight. Insert the needle through the cluster, and turn the cluster around.
15. Add a B1, pull the needle through, the cluster, so that the added B1,
lies on top.
16. It should look like this. Now, gently push the B1 thorugh the cluster. It should fit nicely within the cluster.
17. Your thread should be poking out in the bottom. Turn the cluster around.
18. We need to fasten the B1 we just added.
Insert the needle through the nearest SD, and through the B1 again.
19. Insert the needle in the nearest SD.
20. Repeat steps 18-19 one more time, and fasten your thread.
You have now finished your first cluster.
21. Now go ahead and make 2 more clusters.
22. To construct our pendant, take about 50 cm. of thread, 4xS,
and a 2-hole Cabochon Beads (CB).
Thread as follows: S-SD-S-CB-S-SD-S-CB-S-SD-S.
23. Add a SD, and thread the needle, again through all of the beads one
more time to fasten the thread.
24. Your pendant is alomost finished!
25. Take an eyepin, insert a B1.
26. Insert the eyepin hoop through the SD, and close it.
27. Bend the pin, and create hoop with a roundnose pliers.
Trim the excess pin, and viola!
28. You are done, and can enjoy your Yule Pendant.
The clusters also can be used as buttons, or as applique!
Have fun and create!